Online reputation management brings a company’s marketing strategy, - more specifically brand awareness, brand reinforcement, and brand perception components of brand promotion in line with the age of Web 2 and Web 3 platforms.
Online reputation management primarily deals with countering the negative effects of user-generated content on social media and other internet platforms – effects, which if left unattended can cause severe business loss, including loss of sales and goodwill.
An equally important area of online reputation management is building and reinforcing positive reputation of brands and services by use of every available technique that reaches relevant points of density of the target market.
Online reputation management can engage some or all of the following processes:
- Internet Reputation Audit: This is required to determine your present standing in the world of the internet, issues that need to be addressed, and areas where promotional focus or remedial measures are needed
- Determining Strategies For Online Reputation Management: Depending on your issues as visible through a reputation audit, process costs, and time frame, we interact with you to set priorities and devise a cost-optimized strategy to provide the greatest immediate returns against efforts made
- Strategy Implementation in Online Reputation Management: Strategy implementation by worked out phases and against scheduled time with stage-wise audit and reporting is done to execute agreed strategies.
Common mechanism of online reputation management processes include:
- Creating reputation alert systems
- Countering negative comments
- Hands-on campaigns to bolster brand perception including press releases
- Social media management and relevant forum intervention
- Setting up special websites to divert traffic to provide positive information and push online content against your brand down the SERP list
- Negotiating with, or using third party sites to control your reputation and rankings
- Submitting content to relevant sites to enhance the credibility of all your websites
- Digital asset optimization
- Link-building campaigns
- Directory listings including both online and offline media
- Custom work including creation and distribution of branding videos on relevant media
While the function of countering negative effects of user-generated content through online reputation management is all-encompassing including reputation audits to identify, remove, and counter any comment against the company anywhere at all, brand building through reputation management consists of concise campaigns identifying and targeting only the highest and most relevant points of contact with the target market.